Date:      Wed, 28 Jun 2000 19:55:27 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Adam Staudt <lint@drexel.edu>
To:        Greg Scott <gscott@asimware.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: installing woes: 4.0-R on dell precision workstation 620

a small update: after a bit of poking around, it happens that this machine
has two identical quantum 17gb drives, which would account for the two
scsi devices. it appears that doing that low-level format to the first
drive (scsi id 0) hosed some things, so at the moment i am in the process
of restoring a new array via the config utility that dell shipped with the
machine. so after this we should be in a factory-released state, with the
exception of NT not being installed. i sincerely apologize for not having
my facts straight in the first place. i realize that this is a fundamental
error. thank you for your help, and if the issue recurs, updates will be
forthcoming.

adam