Date:      Fri, 26 Jul 2002 07:44:59 -0500
From:      "Bishop" <bishop@teamgalocia.net>
To:        "Warren Block" <wblock@wonkity.com>
Cc:        "Jean-Mark" <jeanmark@dupx.freeserve.co.uk>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: USB webcams....little help?

Warren,
I was running ./configure because I had downloaded netpbm from the net.

Well, I did eventually get vid-1.0.1 to work. Or at least I think. Since my
netpbm-9.23 in my distfiles was apparently corrupt, I replaced that in
/distfiles with the file I downloaded from the net and ran make on the
vid-1.0.1 port again. This time, the netpbm installer worked and I didn't
get any errors about file corruption and so forth.

So, now that I have my D-link DSB-C100 hooked up to my USB port (and
recognized as an OV511+ device in dmesg, and now that vid supposedly works
without any obvious errors, I'm now trying to determine where vid is placing
its captures (if it is capturing at all).

Here's my USB stuff from dmesg:
uhci0: <Intel 82371SB (PIIX3) USB controller> port 0xece0-0xecff irq 11 at
devic
e 7.2 on pci0
usb0: <Intel 82371SB (PIIX3) USB controller> on uhci0
usb0: USB revision 1.0
uhub0: Intel UHCI root hub, class 9/0, rev 1.00/1.00, addr 1
ugen0: OmniVision OV511+ Camera, rev 1.00/1.00, addr 2
ugen1: hp photosmart 1215, rev 1.10/2.00, addr 3

...and here is the output of 'vid --help':
t85web# vid --help
usage: vid [options]
Capture an image frame from an OV511/OV511+ based USB video camera
and write image data to standard output in PNM format

--version              print program version information
--usage                summarize command line options
--help                 print this description
--small                capture as 320x240 image (default is 640x480)
-d device, --device-name=device
                       specify OV511 ugen device

Anyone know where vid's output points?

Thanks,