Date:      Sat, 31 Aug 2002 23:28:35 -0700
From:      Ulf Zimmermann <ulf@Alameda.net>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Racecondition or something else in make installworld

I ran into an issue with the perl install when doing make installworld.
And it makes me wonder.

I had a machine where I had installed openssl from ports and let it
overwrite base, as at that time I couldn't reboot the machine to
get to a never version of openssl via make world. Now I finaly
got time to do this. So I said pkg_delete openssl, as I wanted to
use the openssl in 4.x-stable again.

When make installworld got to the perl h2ph part, it barfed on no
openssl include files present. Sure they weren't, because I deinstalled
it. But ... this means make installworld had not installed openssl
yet again when it ran perl h2ph, which means that h2ph was not
necessary run on the latest include files, as make installworld
will still install headers, like from openssl later.

I don't think this is right.

--
Regards, Ulf.