Date:      Fri, 21 Mar 1997 12:38:16 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        mnewton@newland.com (mnewton)
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD as proxy server for mail client

> I have a BSD box connected as a proxy server (Squid) with a static IP .I
> have 25 pc's attached on a local IP net browsing and popping mail from
> the BSD pc. I have some users that have other mail servers on the
> "outside" that I need to proxy thru' the BSD box. Do I use IPFW or SOCKS
> to do this ??.
>  Will it conflict with SQUID ??? etc etc.

Do you care if the connection is made to the FreeBSD box or to the
outside box?

If you don't care, I'd suggest using popper to retrieve the mail
from the user's outside account to the user's FreeBSD account, and
then the user can read their mail by connecting to the FreeBSD box.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---
or previous employers.