Date:      Thu, 1 May 1997 22:21:11 +0200
From:      Peter Korsten <peter@grendel.IAEhv.nl>
To:        Ben Black <black@zen.cypher.net>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: USB support?

Ben Black shared with us:
> what is currently being done with USB and are there any solid plans for
> using it as a network interface?

Hmm, I've seen the first PC with USB connectors this week (it had
an Intel ATX mainboard, so that makes sense) and the periphials I
saw at the CeBIT was all pre-production material.

USB was hardly to be found at the CeBIT, as a matter of fact. I
came along the Eizo stand that showed an extra piece of hardware
that matched with you monitor and that you could connect your USB
mouse and keyboard to. But the version ID of the mouse was 0.31,
dashed, and 0.32 hand-written behind it.

I guess it will take some time before it becomes widespread. As
soon as Windows 95 supports it, I suppose. :)

- Peter