Date:      Tue, 6 Mar 2001 00:58:45 +0000 (GMT)
From:      <louis@datawire.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   help with StarOffice?

Hello,

I can't seem to get Star Office 5.2 to start up for me.  I installed it
from ports on a 4.2-RELEASE system but when I launch "soffice", all I see
is the big setup splash screen that says:
 Star Office 5.2 is already installed in the
 /usr/local/office52
 directory
(Yes, this is nice, but I'd like to use it now...)

What I tried:
 cd /usr/ports/editors/staroffice52
 make install
 # The network installation seems to work
 logout from su
 cd /usr/ports/editors/staroffice52
 make install-user
Get the "already installed" splash page
 Try:
 add /usr/local/office52/program to PATH and run setup (same)
 run soffice (same again).

I also looked at the makefile and changed the net install option from
"/net" to "-net" (it looked like a typo) but that didn't seem to change
anything either.

Doesn't matter if it's the older or latest ports collection:
 build from 4.2-RELEASE ports tree
 pkg_delete and cvsup the latest ports tree

Did I miss a step or what?

Thanks
 --Louis
louis@datawire.net