Date:      Tue, 31 Oct 2000 21:52:19 +0100
From:      "'Wilko Bulte'" <wkb@freebie.demon.nl>
To:        "Person, Roderick" <personrp@ccbh.com>
Cc:        "Koster, K.J." <K.J.Koster@kpn.com>, "'Alpha FreeBSD'" <freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Help with first Alpha!!!

On Tue, Oct 31, 2000 at 03:41:58PM -0500, Person, Roderick wrote:
> I get nothing on the monitor except a 1/2 inch white line at the bottom of
> the screen. The cards all work in my intel machine so it's not the cards. I
> haven't tried the serial console - actually I'm not sure on how to do that.

Leave keyboard disconnected and VGA card out. Connect serial port #1 at
9600N81. The SRM should now talk to you via the serial port.

See also the NoName OEM guide at ftp://www.tcja.nl/pub/wilko

Wilko
--
Wilko Bulte  	 					Arnhem, the Netherlands
wilko@freebsd.org  	http://www.freebsd.org 		http://www.nlfug.nl