Date:      23 Apr 97 15:57:00 EDT
From:      ELLISOND%SC.EDW@mhs.elan.af.mil
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Panic tracking

Form: Memo
Text: (12 lines follow)
Hello,

I had one of my BSD boxes restart 8 times in a half hour period.  The only
way I could detect this is by looking at the log file and seeing the reboot.
 My question is there, is there a way to store or retrieve the kernel panics
to help troubleshoot what the problem really is.  The system is in a remote
building which has both UPS (for the entire building) and a generator.  I do
not think the problem is power related.  Any assistance in this matter would
be appreciated.  The system has been running for quite a while without any
major problems and I have not seen this type of activity before.

Duane...