Date:      Wed, 20 Dec 2000 12:39:31 +0100 (CET)
From:      Soren Schmidt <sos@freebsd.dk>
To:        bright@wintelcom.net (Alfred Perlstein)
Cc:        des@ofug.org (Dag-Erling Smorgrav), freebsd-arch@FreeBSD.ORG, imp@village.org (Warner Losh)
Subject:   Re: gensetdefs using sh(1),sed(1),grep(1) and awk(1)

It seems Alfred Perlstein wrote:
> > Anyhow its a moot point, -current is so fragile its hard to use anyways...
>
> I'm not sure what you mean by fragile, I'm not exactly stressing my
> boxes, but except for a single reboot, my machines have been fine.
>
>  3:14AM  up 7 days,  1:31, 3 users, load averages: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00
> 5.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 5.0-CURRENT #0: Wed Dec 13 01:38:43

Is this SMP HW ?

For month -current has been more or less unusable on SMP HW, all you
need to do is a make -j32 world and it will hang totally dead
in the water within a few minutes, so locked up nothing but a
reset will get it back (no NMI on any of my SMP boxen)...
There has been a few short periods where it could do most of a
make world (see the snapshot server :) ) just to be fair....

-Søren