Date:      Wed, 02 Sep 1998 21:28:54 +0800
From:      "Peter Kok" <peter@sweda.com.hk>
To:        freebsd <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>, peter kok <peter@sweda.com.hk>
Subject:   kernel and print

Hello

>From the handbook, it shows

First, let us take a quick tour of the kernel build directory. All
directories mentioned will be
relative to the main /usr/src/sys directory, which is also accessible
through /sys. There are a
number of subdirectories here representing different parts of the
kernel, but the most important,
for our purposes, are i386/conf, where you will edit your custom kernel
configuration, and
compile, which is the staging area where your kernel will be built.
Notice the logical organization
of the directory tree, with each supported device, filesystem, and
option in its own subdirectory.
Also, anything inside the i386 directory deals with PC hardware only,
while everything outside
the i386 directory is common to all platforms which FreeBSD could
potentially be ported to.

I couldn't reach that directory -->  /usr/src/sys
because i only have /usr/src and have nothing under src directory!

Where is the configuration file?

Regarding to print, i don't know why it works. i followed the
instruction from handbooks
But i could do the configuration part!

but it works now.  i only typed

lp file name --> it works

but someone told me using lpd, it didn't work!  why?