Date:      Tue, 19 Oct 2004 02:10:35 -0400
From:      Christopher Nehren <apeiron@comcast.net>
To:        krinklyfig@spymac.com
Cc:        Tom Connolly <tomc@cqg.com>
Subject:   Re: Good newsreaders for FreeBSD?

--=-6f3CdLNLKbM4mI2gDeLf

On Mon, 2004-10-18 at 15:32 -0700, Joshua Tinnin wrote:
> Well, I'm not sure about pulling articles from multiple servers, but my=20
> GUI newsreader of choice is Pan. However, it never reached a stable or=20
> "gold" version, and it has been stagnant for some time, as the author=20
> doesn't seem to have time to deal with it these days. Many patches have=20
> been posted in various places online, but the version in the ports tree=20
> crashes frequently, at least on my 5.3-BETA7/STABLE (previously 5.2.1)=20
> box. I'd love if someone good at programming made it into a decent=20
> newsreader ... am learning what I can ....

Hmph. Just a few days ago I was thinking about how Pan deserves a 1.0
version number because of its full feature set, stability, and so forth.
It's never crashed here, and I've been using it since before 5.0
existed.

--=20
pejorative meaning "stupid and unsophisticated".  -- Ken Thompson
-

--=-6f3CdLNLKbM4mI2gDeLf

--=-6f3CdLNLKbM4mI2gDeLf--