Date:      Wed, 09 Dec 2009 23:09:49 -0500
From:      Robert Fitzpatrick <lists@webtent.net>
To:        FreeBSD <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   mountroot prompt after hint.apic.0.disabled=1

Don't know if that loader.conf change affected this server, I disabled
APIC in loader.conf after finding it may be responsible for a slow clock
on this VMware guest FreeBSD install. I rebooted for the changes to take
affect and it goes now to a mountroot prompt, can't seem to load the
root partition. I type ? at the prompt and it does not list anything
after 'List of GEOM managed disk devices'. Can anyone suggest how I can
fix this problem?

Thanks, Robert