Date:      Fri, 01 Jun 2001 03:59:30 -0700
From:      Colin Percival <cperciva@sfu.ca>
To:        angshumand@yahoo.com
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: problem with chflags

At 03:35 AM 6/1/2001 -0700, Angshuman Dasgupta wrote:
>install: /usr/lib/libscrypt.so.2: Operation not
>permitted.
>Now, I figured that this is because the schg flag is
>set on this file. i tried to clear this flag , but i
>keep getting operation not permitted. So Now I'm left

   Well I'm just a clueless bumbling newbie myself, but since nobody else
seems to have answered yet... it sounds to me like you're running at a
positive securelevel.  You probably want to edit rc.conf and reboot in
order to set the securelevel back to zero, at which point you'll be able to
proceed with the install.
   (Oh, and I wouldn't worry about having a broken install at this point;
when this happened to me it was early enough in the install process that
the system was quite capable of rebooting).

Colin Percival