Date:      Wed, 07 Jun 2000 05:00:18 +0900
From:      Hiroki Sato <hrs@geocities.co.jp>
To:        ben@scientia.demon.co.uk
Cc:        doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Punctuation conventions

Ben Smithurst <ben@scientia.demon.co.uk> wrote
 in <20000606161422.Q42325@strontium.scientia.demon.co.uk>:

> But <quote> renders as "..." in HTML, while &ldquo; &rdquo; becomes
> ``...''. I think the latter looks nicer in HTML at least, any chance of
> changing it?

 Yes, we can customize it with DSSSL.  It can also process
 nested quotations properly.  If you install ports/textproc/docbook-310,
 and you can find the element <quote> is defined in
 $PREFIX/share/sgml/docbook/dsssl/modular/html/dbinline.dsl.

 I also think that we should use <quote> instead of &[l|r]dquo;,
 because a style of &[l|r]dquo; is not fitted to SGML semantics.