Date:      Wed, 29 May 2002 09:11:52 -0400
From:      Bosko Milekic <bmilekic@unixdaemons.com>
To:        Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>
Cc:        Peter Wemm <peter@wemm.org>, Richard Wenninger <richard@richardw.net>, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: UMA lock

On Tue, May 28, 2002 at 11:32:03PM -0700, Terry Lambert wrote:
> Can we get rid of the NULL tests we had to put in when M_WAIT
> turned into M_WAITOK?

 No.  What you see as a bad thing others (including me) see as a good
 thing.  I _want_ to be able to say: "okay, try sleeping; but I realize
 that sleeping for longer than some reasonable time if I'm not getting
 anything to begin with will probably not get me anything at any point
 so tell me the allocation really failed and give me the opportunity to
 clean up before *I* decide what I want to do."

--
Bosko Milekic
bmilekic@unixdaemons.com