Date:      Sun, 23 Jul 2000 16:04:48 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Mikhail Teterin <mi@aldan.algebra.com>
To:        jim@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG, vns@delta.odessa.ua
Subject:   Re: realplayer and freebsd?

Jim Mock once stated:

[Charset utf-8 unsupported, skipping...]

[Mmmm, that e-mail did not contain any UTF, did it??]

=On Sun, 23 Jul 2000 at 14:02:07 +0100, Mark Ovens wrote:

=> RealPlayer  7  (for  Linux)  works.  I installed  it  from  the  file
=> rp7_redhat6.bin  and RP  works  standalone, but  the Netscape  plugin
=> doesn't  (it  fires  up  the  standalone  player).  Someone  told  me
=> that  installing  from  rp7_linux20_libc6_i386_b2.bin works  both  as
=> standalone *and* as a plugin, but I haven't tried it yet.
=>
=> You should be able to get them from http://www.real.com/

=There's also a port of realplayer 7.. /usr/ports/audio/linux-realplayer
=:-)

BTW,  the  port  is  rather  raw  --  it  leaves  the  obvious  task  of
putting   two  binaries,   mime   types  and   mail   caps  files   into
${PREFIX}/lib/netscape-linux/  to   the   user,  while   following   the
RealPlayer's  braindamage of  encouraging the  user to  store everything
under his/her own ~/.netscape.

	-mi