Date:      Sun, 4 Mar 2001 11:39:11 -0500
From:      "Otter" <otterr@telocity.com>
To:        "'Dan Mahoney, System Admin'" <danm@prime.gushi.org>, <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: modem troubles

That's not much of an init string. That's more of a "return all
settings to factory default" string. As I'm a big fan of external
modems, I'm not sure how you'd communicate with the modem directly. My
guess would be the same as any other-- just open a terminal
application and connect to the serial port it's assigned to and away
you go. If you need a list of common AT commands, drop me an email and
I'll send you a list I have. The commands may vary a little from brand
to brand, but it's a good base to start with.
-Otter

Mahoney,