Date:      Sat, 14 Dec 1996 14:55:10 -0800
From:      John Polstra <jdp@polstra.com>
To:        Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: CVSup 14.0 is now available

> > The client now supports multiple "refuse" files:  a global one
> > which applies to all collections; a per-collection one; and one
> > that is specific to a release+tag within its collection.
>
> OK, since I have no reason/interest to have the pc98 files, I decided
> I'd blow them away on my box and tell CVSup not to get them anymore.
>
> I created the file ~sup/src-sys/refuse.cvs with the following lines:
> */pc98
> */pc98/*
> src/sys/pc98
> src/sys/pc98/*
>
> But none of them work.  How do I tell my client to not get the pc98
> files?

This ought to work.  I tried it here with exactly the same setup, and it
worked.  Are you sure you're using version 14.0 of cvsup?  Type "cvsup -v"
to make sure.  A couple of people have gotten bitten by my change of
installation directory to "/usr/local/bin".  They still had the old
version in "/usr/local/sbin" and it was first in their PATH.

If that's not it, let me know and we'll track this down.

By the way, I think _any_ of the 4 lines in your refuse file should be
sufficient.

John