Date:      Thu, 9 Sep 1999 22:56:12 -0400 (Heure d'été Côte Est)
From:      "Florent Parent" <Florent.Parent@viagenie.qc.ca>
To:        nate@mt.sri.com (Nate Williams)
Cc:        "Daniel O'Connor" <doconnor@gsoft.com.au>, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: X mailers (was Re: ANNOUNCE: Linux ABI/SDK standards for Ope

Nate Williams writes:
 > > >  VM doesn't do HTML/MIME very well, although I understand in later
 > > >  versions of XEmacs they've incorporated some packages that handle things
 > > >  better.  (I'm still using XEmacs 19.16, from the dark ages...)
 > >
 > > Does it do IMAP?
 >
 > It doesn't even do POP, I use fetchmail/procmailrc to get my email,
 > which works *MUCH* better than anything else I've found.

I'm using VM 6.71/Xemacs under FreeBSD and NT and it supports POP3 but
not IMAP (http://www.cs.hmc.edu/~smikes/emacs/vm-faq.html)

I've been trying different MUAs that would allow me to read my mail
under FreeBSD and NT (dual boot laptop) while sharing the same mail
folders (shared DOS partition).  So far, only VM/Xemacs allowed me to
do that. Even Netscape FreeBSD/NT use different mechanisms to build
its "folder summaries" :(

Unfortunalty, VM is a memory hog when your mail files starts to grow.

I'd be interested to hear if anyone has a similar config. (i guess
this should go in the freebsd-questions list?)

Florent.
--
Florent Parent                     Florent.Parent@viagenie.qc.ca
Viagénie inc.                      http://www.viagenie.qc.ca