Date:      Tue, 25 Apr 2000 12:58:54 -0400
From:      Ian Cartwright <ICartwright@IT.RJF.com>
To:        "FreeBSD Questions (E-mail)" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Degraded Telnet

Hello, all!

I am having a problem with Telnet. For some reason, after being in a telnet
session (from my NT Worksation to the FreeBSD box) telnet starts to degrade
(i.e. Typing is slow, response is poor, etc.) . Eventually I have to kill
the connection, wait a few minutes and try again (if I try again right away,
the connection times out). Other network some other network demons get slow
as well, like ping.

Has anyone heard of this before?

Ian Cartwright
Senior Engineer