Date:      Sun, 26 Jan 1997 22:39:22 -0500 (EST)
From:      patrick mcandrew <pmcandre@tiac.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Strange Error

Hello all,

I recently picked up the following config:
amd 5x86 133mhz with 16mb of ram, 1.6gig EIDE HD, ATAPI CDROM,etc.
your basic run-of-the-mill PC. I install/boot FreeBSD fine, but
I get this error when im done, after i reboot. it goes to the boot
monitor, and when i hit enter, it says "Invalid Format" and says that
no matter which kernel i choose (i made several copies on the one in the
root dir. before rebooting) the only kernel it boots off of is the floppy.
the installation on another PC was flawless (my gateway in previous message),
and this error has me stuck, i think i tired reinstalling several times, with
no success. any ideas?

thanks for your time,
pat