Date:      Mon, 16 Mar 1998 07:26:49 -0800 (PST)
From:      Jason Evans <jasone@canonware.com>
To:        Stephen Wynne <stevemw@northwest.com>
Cc:        Nate Williams <nate@sneezy.sri.com>, brian@awfulhawk.org.canonware.com, stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: On-demand dynamic PPP not doing default route correctly

On Mon, 16 Mar 1998, Stephen Wynne wrote:
> I found that you need to do what you're doing by hand in
> /etc/ppp/ppp.linkup with a twist. The new version of ppp
> *really* likes to have ppp.linkup now!

Yes, I discovered the same problems last night.  Is it a bug or a feature?
As near as I can tell, ppp is trying to establish the default route before
establishing the connection.  Creating ppp.linkup was the only way I could
get ppp to create the default route on its own.

Jason

Jason Evans
Email: [jasone@canonware.com]
Home phone: [(650) 856-8204]
Work phone: [(408) 774-8007]
Quote: ["Invention is 1% inspiration and 99% perspiration" - Thomas Edison]