Date:      Sat, 1 Dec 2001 20:32:51 -0600
From:      Alfred Perlstein <bright@mu.org>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Cc:        re@freebsd.org
Subject:   bah! sysinstall and pkg_add issues.

Part I:
I have a laptop that I did a "generic" install with the network
interface "aue0" (USB ethernet) for some reason sys-in-the-stall
forgot to add a line to rc.conf:
network_interfaces="aue0 lo0"
so of course I booted without networking ability.

Part II:
pkg_add -r is smoking crack, it wants to fetch things from
ftp://ftp.FreeBSD.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/i386/packages-4-stable/
however the files actually reside here:
ftp://ftp.FreeBSD.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/i386/packages-4.4-stable/

bah! :)
--
-Alfred Perlstein [alfred@freebsd.org]
                           http://www.morons.org/rants/gpl-harmful.php3