Date:      Sun, 10 Aug 1997 08:14:01 +0200
From:      j@uriah.heep.sax.de (J Wunsch)
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ISDN drivers/cards

As Tom Samplonius wrote:

>   This seems to be a feature to me.  I also don't understand how including
> the NT1 defeats the dual analog and digital use of ISDN.

The S0 line was intended to be a bus, with up to 8 devices on it. Uk0
ain't a bus, it can only handle a single terminator (that is supposed
to provide the S0 bus).

I don't speak about just POTS lines: it is very common here in Germany
these days that you've got a complete PBX sitting on the S0 bus, as
well as other devices like said cheap Teles card(s).  (The PBX thing
is also caused by the price policy of the Deutsche Telekom, since
they've been promoting ISDN with an amount of money that was basically
covering the cost for the PBX -- and, one could use the old POTS
phones and modems behind the PBX.)

--
cheers, J"org