Date:      Mon, 26 May 1997 13:22:43 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        albast@magigimmix.xs4all.nl (Jeroen)
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: cd9660 w/ Joliet extensions

> > People who find it disconcerting (that "disk inserting" ;) causes
> > an AutoRun) probably are not well enough educated about their OS
> > to turn it off.
>
> *please* move this BS thread to -chat.. don't use -current to
> chitchat about the windows registry!

What about using -current to discus whether the CDROM distribution
ought to have an autorun.inf that starts it up under Windows95?

The discussion so far has been:

A: "Does it have it?"

B: "No"

A: "Can you add it?"

B: "People find autorun disconcerting."

A: "Can't they disable it?  It seems to me that it would help far
    more people than it would disconcert."

B: "No.  They can't disable it"

C: "Yes, the can.  Here's how..."
   "(implied) What valid excuses remain for not having one?"

D: "Can't you move this thread?  I (erroneously) believe it's
    not relevent..."

					Regards,
					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org