Date:      Fri, 22 Jun 2018 22:11:37 -0700
From:      "Chris H" <bsd-lists@BSDforge.com>
To:        "Mahmoud Al-Qudsi" <mqudsi@neosmart.net>
Cc:        <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Lack of /dev/vtvga0?

On Fri, 22 Jun 2018 23:31:58 -0500 "Mahmoud Al-Qudsi" <mqudsi@neosmart=2Enet>=
 said

> Hello list,
>=20
> As I've mentioned in a previous message, I've been working on trying to g=
et
> proper graphics subsystem/desktop up and running under 12-CURRENT without
> any
> X components; something that was once possible a long time ago by using
> libvgl
> probably via SDL1=2E2 =E2=80=94 an option that's been deprecated in SDL2 an=
d isn't
> viable in all cases since libvgl doesn't support newcons/vt=2E
I'm not clear if you're already possibly referring to this=2E But have
you tried sc(4) ( SysCons )=2E If you haven't tried already;
adding the following to your loader=2Econf(5) should give it to you:

kern=2Evty=3Dsc

You can also include it in your custom kernel by adding this to your
KERNCONF

device    sc
options   SC_PIXEL_MODE  # adds support for the raster text mode

Hope this helps=2E

--Chris