Date:      Wed, 9 Apr 1997 07:50:46 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Jonathan M. Bresler" <jmb>
To:        dennis@etinc.com (dennis)
Cc:        chuckr@glue.umd.edu, dufault@hda.com, chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FW: Unix Gurus shift to Microsoft (fwd)

dennis wrote:
> bunk....mom and pop were happy with AT&T..it took sprint and mci and ibm
> to get attention. The Justice dept (I thought Justice== courts???) still
> doesnt

	congress and teh executive are moved by either a large public outcry
	or large corportate outcry, everything else is projects for local
	consituents (inlcuding beoing ;) or junketing

	The Justice dept is *not* the courts.  The Justice dept is part of
	the executive branch.  the courts are the judicial branch. congress
	is the legislative branch.   teh consitution was designed, purposely,
	to create friction and conflict (checks and balances) between the
	three branches of gov't.  (dont their teach *any* civics anymore?)

	suggested reading:  the constitution
			    the federalist papers by james madision, he
				later became president

> understand the AT&T breakup, and they never will probably, but the impact of
> microsoft is MUCH more damaging than AT&T. AT&T, at least, was doing good
> things, microsoft is a vulture.

	standard oil was broken up creating esso (exxon), sohio, and several
	other companies.  microsfot may yet meet the same fate, especially
	if they branch into hardware.  hardware/software is a distinction
	that is much clerer to people than applications/os.

	<insert smilies and humor as required>
jmb