Date:      Mon, 05 Oct 1998 12:19:32 +0900
From:      Kazutaka YOKOTA <yokota@zodiac.mech.utsunomiya-u.ac.jp>
To:        Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, yokota@zodiac.mech.utsunomiya-u.ac.jp
Subject:   Re: (mgp-users 00027) graphic tablet experiecne ?

> * In many occasions, i really miss the ability to map the whole
>   tablet (or a fraction) within a window, so i don't have to
>   "imagine" the boundaries of the working area while drawing.
>   In order to do this, however, i do need two things:
>     + absolute coordinates
>     + feedback from the server on the window's geometry
>
>Any idea on how to improve moused communication with its consumers
>(the X server, or syscons) ?

If what you want is to make the table act like the mouse, moused is
the right code to hack.  But, if you want to do something as
complicated and sophisticated as you wrote above, I think you had
better go for the XInput extention. XInput is more extendible than
moused and it already has support for Wacom tablets.

Kazu