Date:      Tue, 9 Dec 1997 18:05:08 +0300
From:      "Mikhail A. Sokolov" <mishania@demos.su>
To:        mika ruohotie <bsdchat@shadows.aeon.net>
Cc:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: news servers

On Mon, Dec 08, 1997 at 11:38:10PM +0200, mika ruohotie wrote:
# just out of curiousity, and to back myself up in an argument, well,
# more like a sort of an argument, it's not a huge disagreement...
# anyone know what kind of hardware say top 20-30 usenet servers
# listed in http://www.freenix.fr/top1000 are using?

Don't exactly recall if it's 60 or some 6x place, ddt.demos.su newsserver is
FreeBSD. Gamma.RU also use FreeBSD, however, I am not sure if their news is one.
(4x's  place).

# i mean the latest, october stat.

The latest is november.

# freebsd on _any_ of those? (if not, where's the first known one?)
# dont tell me first limux can be found above [free]bsd...
# [and why do i recall like someone on the freebsd lists would
#  be maintaining, more or less, top servers...]
# mickey

--
-mishania