Date:      Sat, 14 Dec 1996 16:45:52 -0800
From:      John Polstra <jdp@polstra.com>
To:        "Brian N. Handy" <handy@sag.space.lockheed.com>
Cc:        Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: CVSup 14.0 is now available

> I just tried it, same result as nate.  I killed my pc98 stuff, did the
> above bit in the above file (actually just "*/pc98"), and ... I fetched
> the whole thing all over again.
>
> I verified I'm running cvsup-14.0.
>
> Here's the src-sys line from my supfile:
>
> src-sys release=cvs host=cvsup2.freebsd.org hostbase=/home
> base=/usr/2.2-CURRENT prefix=/usr/2.2-CURRENT delete old use-rel-suffix
> compress tag=RELENG_2_2

Hrmm.  This is weird.  Thanks for the detailed info.

For this supfile line, your refuse file should be named:

    /usr/2.2-CURRENT/sup/src-sys/refuse.cvs:RELENG_2_2

Is it named correctly on your system?

> Awaiting orders

That's what I like to hear! :-)

Please run it under ktrace.  You can kill it as soon as it starts
transferring files, to avoid using too much disk space for the
ktrace.out file.  Then run kdump into a pager.  Search for "refuse" and
you should find 3 closely-spaced NAMI lines where it's trying to open
the 3 possible refuse files.  Please let me know what file names appear
in those lines.

If it's not convenient for you to run ktrace (e.g., it's not configured
into your kernel), then instead please rename your refuse file to this
and tell me what happens:

    /usr/2.2-CURRENT/sup/src-sys/refuse

Thanks,
John