Date:      29 Nov 96 19:44:18 EST
From:      "S. Vella" <103254.3676@CompuServe.COM>
To:        Free BSD <questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Help with FreeBSD2.1 install

I am doing a FreeBSD 2.1 install on a 486/66 (8Mb RAM) pc with the following
hard drives:
1. Western Digital 420 Megabytes, has 1 DOS partition  and about 130 Mb free
space
2. Western Digitall 1.6 gig hard drive, has 1 Dos partition and about 98% free

I am using the inst_ide.bat file to do a novice install from a CDROM. During the
initial boot up it lists a wd0 and wd1 corresponding to the two drives. However
when I get to the "FreeBSD Disk LAbel Editor" screen only one disk is listed as
follows:
 wd0s1 none 405  DOS

The second disk is not listed and  the only command that this Disk Label editor
responds to is Q. All other commands give a beep and a message.

Something appears to be wrong with this disk editor, I think. I does not list
the 1.6 gig drive. I want to use about 500 Mb of the 1.6 gig drive to install a
developers installation without X windows.

Please help!