Date:      Sun, 24 Sep 2000 17:47:04 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Janko van Roosmalen <janko@compuserve.com>
To:        Charles Peters - Tech Support <support@tecpro.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Microsoft NetMeeting through FreeBSD gateway/router (video not leaving lan)

Last week I bought the new edition of O'Reilly's "Building Internet
Firewalls". It mentions that Netmeeting uses the T.120 protocol (which
will work with NAT) and the H-323 protocol, which will not work with NAT.
H-323 needs a H-323 aware proxy. H-323 seems to have IP addresses embedded
in the data portion of the packets. NAT only looks at the IP addresses in
the headers.

On page 535 the book gives this recommendation for Netmeeting
: "Do not allow Netmeeting across your firewall."

===Janko van Roosmalen - Vught - Netherlands===