Date:      Sun, 24 Apr 2005 20:08:07 +0200
From:      Jose M Rodriguez <josemi@freebsd.jazztel.es>
To:        Oliver Lehmann <lehmann@ans-netz.de>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: splitting courier-authlib into master+slave ports

El Domingo, 24 de Abril de 2005 19:47, Oliver Lehmann escribi=F3:
> Jose M Rodriguez wrote:
> > I can't realize what can you get from courier-authlib-pwd that you
> > can't get from libauthpam.
>
> Thats exactly the point why it won't be installed by default. I can
> only think of rare cases (I don't want PAM because of <arguments>).
>
> > Ah, yes, you can get some mail from a novice asking you why this
> > ports exist.  +12000 ports are enough for me.
>
> That is not your truth, is it? the number of ports is no argument.
>
> I'll stop this discussing now since I feel it is the time to get it
> done. I'l request repocopies and after that I'll commit it.

I think you missed the point. You may do libauthpam with -base or in a=20
courier-authlib-pam.  I can live well with both ways.  Just choose one.
 =20
But I can't see any reason to support libauthpwd.  If we do, I'll ask=20
you why we don't support libauthshadow.

As I point before, libauthpwd, libauthshadow and libauthpam are three=20
modules to choose the one that better fits in your system.  And, in a=20
=46reeBSD system from 4.x and up, this is libauthpam.

I still have the feeling that you suppouses some inter-dependencies=20
between those modules.  Allthough all three share some code, they are=20
really independent.

I'll finish my actual work and mail/post it as I describe before.  Take=20
what you like from this.

=2D-
  josemi

=20