Date:      Mon, 11 Jun 2001 08:49:02 -0400
From:      "Christian S ." <cschreiber@netrail.net>
To:        john <johng@musicman.com>
Cc:        freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Installation problem

Did you install a boot manager? sometimes I see this when I don't select one. Select "Standard" and see
what happens.

This, of course, presupposes that you could install at all.. If the boot floppy doesn't work, make sure
that you are using the right boot floppy, and other than that I have no idea. It happened when I was
building my box at work (Although the floppy worked in another machine AND this one prior to messing up),
but I had to use a CDROM to install eventually.. :/

Christian

On Mon, Jun 11, 2001 at 12:19:33AM -0400, john babbled:
> Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2001 00:19:33 -0400 (EDT)
> From: john <johng@musicman.com>
> To: freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
> Subject: Installation problem
>

> What are the steps to take, when an installation
> ends with a missing kernel, like:
>
> no/kernel >>FreeBsd/i386 BOOT
> default:O:ad(0,a)/kernel
> boot:
>
> I don't know what to do next!
>
> John

---end quoted text---

--
Christian Schreiber, Netrail Network Security Engineer
- Ape will not kill Ape