Date:      Tue, 14 Sep 2004 23:40:08 +0530
From:      Shantanoo <shantanoo@gmail.com>
To:        Iuliu Pascaru <iuliu@mail.ru>
Cc:        Andrey Lebedev <andrey.lebedew@chel.usi.ru>
Subject:   Re: How to configure a print-server? [was: HP LaserJet 1000serias]

On Tue, 14 Sep 2004 12:47:52 +0300, Iuliu Pascaru <iuliu@mail.ru> wrote:
> Hello freebsd-questions,
>
>   Would you be so kind to tell me how to configure a FreeBSD print-server
>   for Windoze XP clients. Please, at least, tell me where I can find some
>   documentation on this issue. I have great difficulties with my
>   English and I'm unable to google independently.
>
>   I have a FreeBSD 5.2.1 server with Samba 2.2.8 running and a USB HP
>   LaserJet 1000 printer.

Is your LaserJet 1000 properly configured on FreeBSD?
If yes, then use cups. Windows can print to cups as internet printer.
e.g. In cups the printer is my_test_printer, on machine wiht FQDN as
print_server, then URI is
http://print_server:631/printer/my_test_printer

>   It would be great if you could send me some info in Russian.

Sorry. Don't understand Russian :)

Regards,
Shantanoo