Date:      Sat, 15 Nov 2003 11:59:10 +0100
From:      "nanard" <nanard@tou.nu>
To:        "Eric Anderson" <anderson@centtech.com>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: VPN Client

Hi,

Thanks for your answear.

I installed mpd-3.15

I tried to configure it but it doesn"t seen to work.

My configuration :

The remote public IP of the VPN server is : AA.BB.XX.YY (port 10 000)
IP range given by my VPN server: 10.33.249.0/24

With WindowsXP, i just put the remote public IP AA.BB.XX.YY , user/pass and
group/passwd

I found some documentation on Internet.

in /usr/local/etc/mpd.conf i put this:

----
default:
        load ciscovpn

ciscovpn:
        new -i ng0 ciscovpn pptp192
        set bundle authname "MY_USERNAME"
        set ipcp ranges  10.33.249.0/24 AA.BB.YY.ZZ/16
        set iface up-script /usr/local/etc/mpd/ciscovpn-iface-up.sh
        load ciscopptp
        open

ciscopptp:
        set bundle disable compression encryption
        set bundle no crypt-reqd
        set iface idle 0
        set ipcp disable vjcomp
        set ipcp enable req-pri-dns req-sec-dns
        set link max-redial 1
        set link keep-alive 0 0
        set link disable pap chap
        set link disable acfcomp protocomp
--------- eof ------------

In  /usr/local/etc/mpd/ciscovpn-iface-up.sh:

#!/bin/sh
iface=$1
proto=$2
localip=$3
remoteip=$4
vpn_private_ip=AA.BB.XX.YY

ifconfig $iface $proto $localip $vpn_private_ip netmask 0xffffffff
ifconfig $iface mtu 1460
route flush
route add default -interface $iface
----- eof ----------

In /usr/local/etc/mpd.links :

ciscovpn:
        set link type pptp
        set pptp peer AA.BB.XX.YY.ZZ
        set pptp enable originate outcall
--------- eof ---------------

In /usr/local/etc/mpd.secret:

"MY_USERNAME"     "MY_PASSWORD"

When i started "mpd", it said this:

# mpd
Multi-link PPP for FreeBSD, by Archie L. Cobbs.
Based on iij-ppp, by Toshiharu OHNO.
mpd: pid 63338, version 3.15 (root@xxxxx.xxxx.com 21:42 13-Nov-2003)
[ciscovpn] ppp node is "mpd63338-ciscov"
[ciscovpn] using interface ng0
[ciscovpn] IFACE: Open event
[ciscovpn] IPCP: Open event
[ciscovpn] IPCP: state change Initial --> Starting
[ciscovpn] IPCP: LayerStart
[ciscovpn:pptp192] [ciscovpn] bundle: OPEN event in state CLOSED
[ciscovpn] opening link "pptp192"...
[pptp192] link: OPEN event
[pptp192] LCP: Open event
[pptp192] LCP: state change Initial --> Starting
[pptp192] LCP: LayerStart
[pptp192] device: OPEN event in state DOWN
[pptp192] this link has no type set
[pptp192] device is now in state DOWN

Is there something i forgotten ?

Thanks in advance.