Date:      Mon, 06 Sep 1999 10:29:35 +0200
From:      Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@uunet.co.za>
To:        Scott Cotton <scott@chronis.pobox.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: strange zsh + screen + CDPATH bug

On Mon, 06 Sep 1999 00:04:58 -0400, Scott Cotton wrote:

> For some strange reason, when $CDPATH has a `~' in it, and screen is
> executed, the arrow keys and control keys don't work.  If you want ~
> in CDPATH, you can replace it by $HOME.

Interesting. :-)

> I hope that I may prevent others from going through all the searching
> it took to nail this one down.

For your efforts to yield the most benefit for other users, you should
submit your findings to the PR database (using send-pr(1)) or perhaps
mail them to ache@FreeBSD.org and torstenb@FreeBSD.org .  They're the
maintainers of the screen and zsh ports, respectively.

Even freebsd-ports would probably be more appropriate than the
freebsd-stable mailing list.

Have fun! :-)

Ciao,
Sheldon.