Date:      Sat, 7 Jun 1997 20:49:19 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Wilko Bulte <wilko@yedi.iaf.nl>
To:        FreeBSD-hackers@freebsd.org (FreeBSD hackers list)
Subject:   Lockup during kernel device probe on 2.2.1R

Hi

I seem to have a though problem this time.

OS: FreeBSD 2.2.1R straight of the CD
Machines: 4x 486DX/33, all the same EISA motherboard (Philips P9175 to be
		exact)
	  memory: 12 or 16 Mb
	  disk: 3x AHA1740 with different brands of rootdisks
		1x WD1007 with ESDI Micropolis
	  console: 3x VGA, 1x EGA

Problem: Of the 4 machines, 3 lockup after "boot -v"-ing the 2.2.1R
	 bootflop. The last message printed is from syscons:
	 bla bla port is 0045 (I of course forgot to take the
	 paper with the exact message :( ) Then nothing appears on
	 the (VGA) console anymore.

	 Of the 3 failing machines, 2 are currently running 2.1.6R like
	 a charm. Disabling all of the devices that are not essential
	 makes no difference whatsoever.

	 Interestingly enough the 4th machine runs and boots 2.2.1R without
	 any problem. Has Orchid Prodesigner VGA BTW.

This really has me stumped. Any clues are obviously more than welcome!

Wilko