Date:      Sat, 13 Apr 2002 22:06:00 -0500
From:      Bruce Burden <brucegb@realtime.net>
To:        Eric Liedtke <jesus@musinghalfwit.org>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: VIA 694D/VT82C686A - Sound /SMP Problems

On Sat, Apr 13, 2002 at 07:23:35PM -0500, Eric Liedtke wrote:

> pcm0: play interrupt timeout, channel dead

	I believe I have seen that error message, on the
   same board, with 8*100MHz CPU's and no ATA devices.

	I finally turned off the AC97 stuff and stuck a
   SB Live! card in the box. There was simply too many
   things that AC97 does NOT do.

	Generally, when mtv would complain that it couldn't
   find the audio channel, and mute the output was when
   I would see the "channel dead" message.

						Bruce