Date:      Tue, 10 Apr 2001 13:11:18 +0200
From:      "Michael Nottebrock" <michaelnottebrock@gmx.net>
To:        "TOPCAT CONSULTING" <topcat@sk.sympatico.ca>, <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: changing anonymous ftp directory after install

> [...]
> I would now like to change the directory to /usr/ftp
>
> What file to I have to edit to change this?
> [...]

Edit the /etc/passwd file and change the home directory of the user
'ftp' from /var/ftp to /usr/ftp. Then move ftp and it's subdirs from
/var to /usr. Also, read the manpage of ftpd and check the permissions
of each directory according to the instructions found in the manpage.

Greetings,

Michael Nottebrock