Date:      Thu, 6 Mar 1997 22:12:18 -0500 (EST)
From:      Thomas David Rivers <ponds!rivers@dg-rtp.dg.com>
To:        ponds!freefall.cdrom.com!freebsd-hackers
Subject:   "dup alloc" - testing system almost available.

Well -

 I was able to get a floppy system going where I have a kernel,
newfs, fsck, init, sh and my "inode trashing" program...  and,
I have demonstrated the bug with the reduced kernel... [it all
just barely fits...]

 I don't know if I can compile in DDB and still make things fit.

 Furthermore; I cat get ifconfig on there to enable the network,
so I'm not sure how to get a new kernel there...

 Finally, if someone could help me with SERIAL_CONSOLE (point me to
the documentation?)  I can get that going... then, anyone would
be able to telnet into my network, start kermit and try this out
themselves...  (How does DDB work with SERIAL_CONSOLE anyway,
what's the "hot-key?")

 Hmm... now that I think about it; maybe all I need on the
floppy is the shell, ifconfig and mount_nfs... I might be able
to mount the other things... and then you could ftp new kernels
to the floppy...

	- Dave Rivers -