Date:      Sat, 2 Dec 1995 15:06:33 -0700
From:      Nate Williams <nate@rocky.sri.MT.net>
To:        Craig Shrimpton <craigs@os.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Firewalling

> How do I enable firewalling on 2.1.0?  When I try to use it I get
> ipfw: setsockopt failed.  This happens even when I do ipfw flush.

Don't worry about it, assuming you've got the IPFIREWALL option in your
kernel.  It's normal since the ipfw program is also trying to list the
accounting records.

If you don't have the IPFIREWALL option in your kernel, add it and
rebuild your kernel.  You may also want the 'IPFIREWALL_VERBOSE' option
to your kernel if you want to use the log or ldeny options in your
firewall.  Without that option, the code won't log anything so you won't
see the rejects and such.

Nate