Date:      Sun, 29 Aug 1999 17:46:34 -0400
From:      Ben Compton <peabody007@deepspacenine.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Time Servers

Hey guys,

I've dug like mad through the mail archives to try to find the answer to
this with no success so I am hoping that someone on here will be able to
provide me with the answer.

I'm running 3.2-release and I am trying to set up a time server so that
other machines both FreeBSD and Windoze can sync their clocks to my
server.  I have xntpd running to the point that my server's clock is synced
with bitsy.mit.edu at bootup.  What I am now needing is a way for my
servers clock to sync itself 3 or 4 times a day and then function as a
server for other machines to query.  I've dug everywhere I can think of
with no luck so I am hoping that one of you guys out there will have done
something similar and can provide me the assistance that I need.  Thanks in
advance for your help.

Ben Compton

PS I'm rather new at FreeBSD so if you think of something that should be
obvious to an experienced user please don't hesitate to pass that on to me
as it may very well be something that I have overlooked.