Date:      Fri, 22 Mar 96 22:33:11 EST
From:      losten@eagle.wbm.ca (Lloyd Osten)
To:        Questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   bad distribution file??

Hi! I'm absoluely brand new to the world of FreeBSD and Unix programs.
OK, I know ZERO about it, but I want to learn. After several days of
trying, I almost got FreeBSD installed. It "died" on the file bin.cc.
I noticed this file is 1482 bytes larger than all the rest of the
binary files. An error message came up saying it couldn't read this
file (I think there was a -1 somewhere in there) Is this file damaged
in some way? I found it on your home site plus the mirror site in
Canada. It's the same number of bytes both places. (It's for release
2.1) I didn't realize that the files on floppy disks (which is how I'm
installing it) had to be in a directory  /bin. I don't know if I read
that in the installation instructions;quite possibly it's there and I
missed it. Anyway, once I get the file "corrected", I'll try
re-installing it again. Thanks very much for your help! I really
appreciate it! Have a wonderful day!

Lloyd Osten
losten@eagle.wbm.ca