Date:      Wed, 15 Mar 2000 07:30:45 +0100
From:      Ollivier Robert <roberto@keltia.freenix.fr>
To:        Doug Barton <Doug@gorean.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Legato backup and weird RPC errors

According to Doug Barton:
> 	The one nit is an error in the legato nsrd log.
>
> NetWorker: Unable to contact system to determine port ranges:
>  hostname.NetWorker: RPC error, Port mapper failure
> (severity 4, number 14)

Which server version ? I'd guess 5.5 or later. With 5.5 and later versions,
you can specify port ranges for the client's communication but I don't think
the current client does support that feature...

I don't get this message though I also have a 5.51 server. You may want to ask
Matthew about that.

> 	Also, to add insult to injury the nsrd can't connect to the client
> to do the restore at all. It is able to read the info from the client
> (freebsd) machine, but we have to do a "restore" locally then transfer the
> files to the test machine.

That's weird too...
--
Ollivier ROBERT -=- FreeBSD: The Power to Serve! -=- roberto@keltia.freenix.fr
FreeBSD keltia.freenix.fr 4.0-CURRENT #78: Sun Feb 27 15:32:39 CET 2000