Date:      Thu, 13 Feb 1997 16:00:53 -0800
From:      Lee Burns <lee.burns@mosby.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Radius problems?

Hi, I retrieved Merit Radius 2.4.3 from the FreeBSD site but cannot
seem to get authentication of even simple "dumb" IDs.  I'm trying
to use a realm of my domain and forward non-realm or null requests
to another server.

I don't define any users in the users file but specify realm & Unix-PW
which *should* mean lookup in /etc/passwd then determine dumb, ppp,
etc.

How in the heck does it figure out about the special non-shadow copy
of passwd which actually has the passwords in it?  Does Radius
*actuall* work on 2.1.5?  Does anyone have sample authfile / clients /
users files they can forward?

Thanks

Lee Burns