Date:      Sat, 19 Oct 1996 10:10:51 -0500
From:      "Daniel M. Eischen" <deischen@iworks.InterWorks.org>
To:        questions@freebsd.org, sstef@sprynet.com
Subject:   Re: No gcc 2.7.2.1 sources in latest FreeBSD-SNAP

> I've downloaded the latest SNAP of FreeBSD and noticed that there is no
> source for what is supposed to be gcc 2.7.2.1. I need it to install the
> latest GNU ADA 95 extension for my homeworks. If you could give me any
> tips to be able to get it and install it with this SNAP, it would be
> appreciated.

Upgrade to -current.

bash$ gcc -v
gcc version 2.7.2.1
bash$ uname -rv
2.2-CURRENT FreeBSD 2.2-CURRENT #0: Thu Oct 17 18:39:38  1996 [Cut]

It might be kind of tricky to get Ada95 compiled for FreeBSD.
I tried to get Ada95 2.0.[5 or 6] built last year and got it
nearly working, but I couldn't get pthreads integrated with
it in order to have tasking.

I think you're going to need to get gnat 2.0.5 built, in order
to get 2.0.6 built, which you'll need to compile gnat 3.0.x
(or something like that).  At some version (I think 2.0.6)
gnat needs to be compiled with gnat.

-current also has the threads library included (libc_r),
which you'll need to integrate into gnat.

Good Luck!  If you get it working, let me know.  I could really
use it at work.

BTW, gnat 2.0.3 is available as a port and package for FreeBSD
2.1.5 (no tasking).

Dan Eischen
deischen@iworks.InterWorks.org