Date:      Mon, 17 May 1999 02:06:14 +0100
From:      Smelly Pooh <blokey@indigo.ie>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Ports versioning

I've noticed that whenever I install a new version of a package, the ports
system leaves the old package there anyway and overwrites bits of it.  This is
a bit annoying, last time I brought it up I was told to pkg_delete before
doing a make install.  This is a bit awkward for ports with multiple
dependencies (e.g. GNOME or KDE), is there any other way I could go about it?
Please reply via e-mail, I'm not subscribed to this list, thanks.