Date:      Tue, 23 Oct 2001 16:23:36 +0100 (BST)
From:      Jan Grant <Jan.Grant@bristol.ac.uk>
To:        Joe Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
Cc:        Rob Zietlow <zietlow@berbee.com>, FreeBSD-questions <FreeBSD-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Java SSH

On Fri, 19 Oct 2001, Joe Clarke wrote:

> On Fri, 19 Oct 2001, Rob Zietlow wrote:
>
> > Has anyone tried to use a Java SSH client?  I am looking into this for the
> > sake of sshing to my home box when i am away from my computer, or behind a
> > firewall that won't allow me out port 22.  I have ssh listen on 23, but I
> > don't want to do that I already have kiddies poking at port 23 because of the
> > Telnet exploit.   I have heard about Mindterm, has anyone tried that yet?
> > Here is the URL
> > http://www.appgate.org/products/mindterm/personal/mindterm_old_downloads.html
>
> I haven't used Mindterm, but I have used the telnet/ssh module in webmin.
> It's been a while, but I do remember it being fairly solid.

Mindterm seems to have a more robust xterm implementation than, well,
xterm :-)

It's pretty good; you can leave it on a web page and all you need for
secure end-to-end connections from anywhere is a browser*

jan

* This is not, of course true; modulo sneaky webkiosks and
shoulder-surfers, though, it's pretty good.

Not as randy or clumsom as a blaster.