Date:      Sat, 24 Dec 2005 21:39:42 +0100
From:      Melvyn Sopacua <freebsd.ports@melvyn.homeunix.org>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Postfix 2.2.7, 1 (portupgrade from 2.2.5_1, 1) on FreeBSD 5 stable

On Saturday 24 December 2005 21:15, Yuval Levy wrote:
> Melvyn Sopacua wrote:
> > fetch http://web.onda.com.br/nadal/postfix/VDA/postfix-2.2.5-vda.patch.gz
> > postfix-2.2.5-vda.patch.gz                    100% of 7744  B   15 kBps
> >
> > Works for me(tm).
> > Did you do a -DBATCH upgrade, cause that would explain why
> > http://web.onda.com.br/nadal/postfix/VDA/ isn't added to PATCH_SITES.
>
> Thank you for trying to help but this does not help me. I apologize for my
> ignorance, but what is -DBATCH?

-DBATCH means batch upgrades. It disables the use of user input, through
dialog scripts.

> and why should I fetch a patch from some
> site i do not know and not from freebsd.org (which I know and trust) as
> intended by the port?

Because this isn't a FreeBSD patch. VDA is an extension to postfix, written as
a patch, by somebody from Brasil, who put it on the web there and it is
intended by the port to fetch it from there.
It is only requested from FreeBSD if the initial fetch fails or when this site
isn't added to the PATCH_SITES variable.
It is added to the PATCH_SITES variable in:
/usr/ports/mail/postfix/scripts/configure.postfix around line 227.
That file is the dialog script, which is why I was asking if you used -DBATCH.

> The ports collection is the most compelling factor that made me switch from
> linux to FreeBSD. It's simply great when you can just cvsup and portupgrade
> from time to time to keep the system and applications up to date. So far it
> has worked 90% of times and in most other occasions it worked after waiting
> a week or two and retrying. Not so with the latest version of the postfix
> port.

Sorry -- I assumed you knew more about it.
Did you get a dialog at all?

If so, can you do the following and provide the output:
cd /usr/ports/mail/postfix
make clean patch
make -V PATCH_SITES
--